View Single Post
      10-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
SAM67
Cars & Guitars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E90

Hi Luis. If you arrive in Feb or March, you'll catch the last bit of the ski season!

Yes, you will have a pay state taxes but the rate is much lower than federal taxes. I don't think you pay local income taxes but you pay through sales taxes and personal property taxes. I would think your new company's accounting dept or Human resources would be able to figure out what your federal and state taxes would be - you may want to request that info as part of your contract negotiations. It will impact your actual take-home pay and would be helpful to know.

I purchased my car through the European Delivery program, so my purchase price was a lot lower than a normal US delivery -- but of course I spent the savings on my trip! Great experience - but it does take longer to get your car back. I've heard that even with normal US delivery, BMW's cost significantly less to purchase in the US -- even with taxes and fees. Plus gas is much cheaper here. Currently about $3/gallon for premium.

Regarding purchasing a used car "person-to-person", I think you still pay personal property taxes and registration fees when you register your car with the state. But you are correct that the sales prices that you negotiate is the final price.

I work downtown (office manager at a law firm) and live in Highlands Ranch, which is about 15 miles south of downtown Denver.

I know of some renewable energy companies (private and public) that are based in Golden, Boulder and Westminster. Renewable energy and oil/gas are both growth industries in the Rocky Mountain region -- sounds like you'll do well. Good luck with everything.

- Scott