United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
Yep Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus View Post
I received only 1 as well. It works well with only 1. No problems. This thread has been great. Install should have taken me 15 minutes, but took me an hour because the gear fell out when I was installing the armrest and slipped into a tight little spot just behind where it should sit. Took me at least a half an hour to remove it with tweasers.

So here's a tip so this doesn't happen to anyone else. Once the gear is inserted properly and you're attempting to place the armrest in, HOLD the gear in place firmly with your finger. Trust me, you'll avoid a lot of aggravation.

This is one amazing mod. The cars really should come with this option in North America. The split armrest looks great, it functions well for my elbow and the spring and gear avoid the armrest slamming down.
Same thing happened to me. I had to use right-angled needle nose pliers to get mine out. I put a folder business card to ensure it would not fall back in. BIGGEST PITA But the mod looks awesome!!!