View Single Post
      11-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #127
GAaaAR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
If the noise goes away after a few minutes, that not a typical wastegate noise because from what I have seen it rattles after deceleration of rpms when its revved...You just might have normal ticking noise that almost everyone here has which are the lifters...I have a ticking for alittle bit when the car is cold, but like your after a couple of minutes, its not apparent anymore!
Are you sure if the noise goes away it's not the wastegate? I just got my 2009 335i last week with only 200 miles so far and I'm also noticing a ticking noise during cold starts while idling. The noise seems to be near the front driver's side of the car. I can hear it well when I have my head next to the Driver's side front tire. Once my car warms up, I parked my car and tried to listen near the Driver's side front tire again and the ticking noise is gone.

I hope this is not wastegate rattling! As mentioned before i only have 200 miles on my car.

This guy also had rattling noises during cold starts and it turns out he had the wastegate issue!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=rattling
Appreciate 0