View Single Post
      07-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Time for a re-map - but need help to choose!

Hi all,

I'm wanting to get my 330d (231ps) re-mapped/chipped - but can't decide on what type of tuning I should go for. I've had my last 4 cars re-mapped and they were all straight re-maps to the ECU. Although I was happy with them - there were days when I wish i just had the standard power - rainy or snowy days in particular! My family used to sometimes borrow my cars - which put me on a bit of a knife edge!

I've done research into all the other different types of tuning. I'm very tempted to go for a box or switchable re-map (Evolve..etc) and would like to know of your experiences of the above.

I know that Evolve has a good name around these parts - but I couldn't justify their asking price. So that leaves tuning boxes. I've been in conversation with the guys from DTUK, which seems like a decent product and the guys are very happy for me to try it first. Can't really get fairer than that, I suppose. There's also TDI-Tuning UK - who claim slightly better results from their CRTD unit - for only £130. (but no trail period...unlike DTUK)

I know straight re-maps are preferred over box's - and many believe they have better results, but in my experience, the car's economy really starts suffering after a year or so - The advantage of a switch/box is that I can switch them on/off when and if I please.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Appreciate 0