DefactoM6
Sees the world the way it could be
United_States
Rep
Drives: '88 M6, '02 Z8, '09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Good time!

I wonder how badly heavy wheels influence the times. We have almost the same mods (just other manufacturers), my car autotuned to 16+ PSI, but my time is worse.
Have you weighter your car? Does it have a sunroof?

P.S. My wheels are 235/35 R19 front and 275/30 R19 back (19x10, I believe). iForged Emotion. Really big and heavy.
Thanks man! Considering the weight, I don't think I have that much to complain about! I have not weighed my car, but it's definitely pretty heavy...probably about as heavy as a stock e92 335i can get. I do have a sunroof, and just about every option (Nav, etc, etc, etc), so my car is far from a featherweight.

Funny you mention about the weight of the wheels, because I do think that would definitely have something to do with the times, and I have been toying with testing this theory. I do have some 18x8.5/18x9 OZ Superleggeras from my old E36 M3 with some insanely bald and old Toyo T1-Ses (yes, I've had those wheels for that long, lol) that I was contemplating throwing on for a one-time glory run...one run with full weight, another with the passenger seats and possibly the rear seats (depending on how much of a headache they are to remove) removed. Regrettably I would have to put them on with spacers in order to adequately clear the struts, but hey, can't win 'em all I guess.