View Single Post
      03-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #152
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
I watched steaming from Sky and Speed HD at the same time just to get Martin Brundle commentating. I felt SkyF1 has the tools and will to make it good. They've done much better than iTV couple years ago.

But their hosts needs to brush up some interview skills. Natalie needs to ask better questions and interact better with the paddock and drivers. Damon Hill is useless on the show and he doesn't have as good connection and good sport as Eddie Jordan. Sometimes Eddie babbles nonsense, but he has better relationship with many team boss and officials than Damon Hill as I saw compare BBC and Sky.

Ted Kravis has been given a better role on explaining technology and pitlane walk during the race. The Sky-deck (or watever its called), Georgie is complete useless, but Davidson surprised me as he comment on the pole lap from Vettel 2011 and this year. Future he might be a good commentator pair with Martin Brundle.

Simon will need sometime to improve his hosting skill and interact with Hill and Brundle. I don't see a lot in-depth questions and concerns to the other hosts. He sounded like a news anchor to me rather than hosting a sport event. Guess they have not build their chemistry yet.

We've seen good chemistry between Jake, DC, and EJ, (and Brundle on Forum) in the past. And I've thoroughly enjoyed their chemistry and love when EJ had no shame and just walk into anyone's garage and interview anyone he liked. Also shutting off RedBull garage's "big bad wolf"...

From what I felt, BBC makes you feel F1 is everyone's sport and very personal, its more about people. and Sky is very glamour and very technical. But they have the potential to bring in great coverage in the future!