carbonSI
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: GT86 DGM

Garage List
2006 320si  [0.00]
Aaaaaaghhh!!!!! i could cry

Got the car re-aligned and wheel put straight, guy even came for a quick test drive. Felt really good and running straight. Took it on the motorway and its still there, no resistance to the wheel, feels like when your doing those speeds and touched the steering wheel, it would spin the car, basically no confidence in the thing. Pull up at a garage, turn engine back on and its now knocking, revs going crazy, restart same thing, no power further up rev range. Looks like the dreaded si disease is in full swing now.

I give up on this si, reckon its just a bad apple and cut my losses. Someone said in one post 'unreliable heaps of junk', starting to believe this is very true!!

Well got it back today, thing just needed a bloody ecu reset, might have been a bit dramatic above. Must say on a & b roads the car is now really handling welland is no longer tiring to drive. The only problem that remains is when going motorway speeds where the steering is loose. The place that reset the ecu (bmw indy) said 'you wanna drive another one' there all like it, i really find this terible advice as i wasn't there but my father. What could be causing this final hurdle, attached are my latest Hunter Hawk Eye results, he said that the rear camber is out and theyve made every adjustment they can, they reckon maybe a warn rear bush??
Attached Images

Last edited by carbonSI; 01-20-2012 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0