View Single Post
      07-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #15
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

I think the idea on the mod by TCK is to return the sway bar ends where the bottom end of links attach to a more horizontal/neutral orientation, so the OEM links should be fine. FWIW I don't think anyone using stock links with ordinary konis & eibachs had any problems (eg I don't), just shocks like AST's and some others had different mounting tab orientation, and combined with lowering there was interference. HP will be happy to sell you anything but I am not sure you need it in your case.

The "problem" being fixed by the TCK mod is, briefly, when the car is lowered by say 2", this moves the hub and everything bolted to it up 2" relative to the chassis, including the lower shock body. The sway bar link mounting tab on the shock body is one of those things, and this then pulls on the link and rotates the bar in its mounts up out of horizontal, where it had a better lever arm. Lowering the mounting tab the same amount as the car is dropped then puts the bar ends back to horizontal. Make sense? It is a nice detail mod that you'd not think about unless you do real race car suspensions day in day out like those guys do.

Just to make sure you might want to get under the car with the wheels loaded up (on ramps or whatever), and see what is what.
Appreciate 0