01-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #54
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I'm not sure what sort of proof anyone can provide, it we don't want to do our own controlled and verified testing. We seem to want to ignore the vast amount of testing the fuel companies put into their R&D. It seems when they post results we scoff and say 'snake oil'. Just watch the online video of BP's development of the BP Ultimate fuels and see how much testing is involved.

Here's a simple test on a Jag' diesel, but a bit more in gear acceleration and a quieter engine isn't proof is it? Just someone having a go, like FifthGear.

http://www.caranddriving.com/feature...20ultimate.pdf

We had all this same scepticism about the petrol fuels, until there were a few dyno tests on different performance engines, and guys at Thorney Motor Sport sort of took in on themselves to prove the fuels did work, when the doubters said it was all anecdotal.

Even guys like Dr Wolfgang Schneider are "only marketing the stuff", many will say.

If only he had said "all diesel is the same", we'd believe him.

HighlandPete
Wow, amazing findings....."Accelerating from 30-70mph when
running on conventional diesel fuel detained us for 9.3 seconds but when running on
Ultimate the increment was dispatched in 8.9 seconds

I may have to start putting in BP Ultimate in again....then will try the fuelsave test. Oh hang on, BP Ult is 137 near me...

One question that always bugs me with Diesels - how long do they take to adapt to the "Super" Diesel fuel? (With my Impreza it was a whole tank, so I never ever put normal unleaded in, as it would take another tank of optimax before i got the benefit back...)