View Single Post
      01-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #16
slenfe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny335i View Post
Thanks a lot for the reply. I personally like saddle over the red as red, to me, can get a bit too bright inside for my eyes. I really wanna go for Alpine White exterior but there's not a single one on lot with all options. Black is good but i already have a black car at home and it can be a PITA to keep clean .. if you know what i mean.

I haven't really tried to negotiate the price yet as i haven't finalized my car so thanks for giving me the heads up ... I think if i can get this car around $34k it would be an awesome deal. But let's see.

If i go for this one i will put $15k down and finance the rest for 2 years. How's BMW at credit approvals? I have a good credit with FICO of 752 and under 40% TDSR ... will i get approved for their "select" rates? Any experience on that side?

Update: wait a sec .. did you mention original vs lesser CPO warranty????? I was under the impression that CPO is as good as the new car warranty as it s bumper to bumper and all the maintenance is included for the time it's covered under CPO?? Please correct me if am wrong ... mannnn that would be a bummer if what you are saying is true.

BMW and many luxury brands wanted to created a premium market for their out of lease cars, as cars were returning from lease resell value was lower as people were afraid of getting into repair costs, for that Certified series were created on the promise that you are getting a car which has been inspected with "high standards" which is a loose term. for instant if inspection is calling for 40% brake pads and dealer found they are at 41% it means break will not be changed as opposite if inspection found it at 35% you are getting new brake pads at the end all the cost to bring the car to BMW CPO standards will be reflected on the asking price more or less, even with all that car condition will be superior to what you will find at non-BMW dealers.

you should read more about this program for two reasons which are related to my initial history introduction

1- Part of the program value is competitive finance rate including the popular option "OwnersChoice"

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/usedvehicles...al_offers.html

2- Extended Warranty "Which is not bumper to bumper" that been said its not a bad one either and can save you some repair bills "50$ deductible applies"

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/usedvehicles.../benefits.html

one last comment I can leave you here with, treat a CPO car as used car and make sure you well inspect it, in my case I ended with a bent wheels and had to fight hard with BMW Canada to get them replaced, dealer took only a minor responsibility despite all evidence was showing issue at delivery.

I hope this helps and good luck car shopping as it's tons of fun before bringing you new ride home.
Appreciate 0