05-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #556
FoShizzle
aka Mike
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
I'd imagine the Procede V5 is a better tune to run with the DCT, especially since it includes torque management to keep the clutch heat/wear under control.
I really want to drive a tuned DCT car to see how it compares with my Steptronic. I was impressed with the M-DCT in my friend's M3.
The DCT really is amazing.
Torque management isn't magic specific to the Procede. The JB4 does the same thing. There's no need for separate/specific maps on the JB4 (unlike the Procede) because it detects your transmission automatically. One of Terry's personal/test cars has DCT and I was just talking with him yesterday about DCT shifting.

Edit: See the link in my sig. I posted a youtube vid of my car running the latest map 5 - DCT in Manual mode & with the sport button on. If all goes as planned, I'll put in some race gas and test map 6 tomorrow nite. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
When i say back to back i mean i will unstrap the car from the dyno and drive it around 20-30 minutes with some WOT pulls to let it adapt again.

I had JB3 in the past and preferred procede over it. but at that time i relied more on the butt dyno and proceed just felt smoother. I will give each tune a fair shot.

Most likely my buddy with the 135i n54 will also try out both tunes on the dyno. So we will run the comparison in both cars and split the dyno costs.
You nailed it.
I did hear from a few people that the procede was smoother before (although I never felt the JB3 wasn't smooth). Ive never driven a V5 car. Supposedly the JB4 is now comparable. If you do end up testing both, post over on n54tech too. Its a bit less volatile over there.
Appreciate 0