View Single Post
      08-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #57
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post
I want to talk about rear sways for the most part.

I have a non-sport E90 328i (pre LCI) and reloem.com states me rear sway as:
13mm - 33556764425

After months of research on this board, it seems like no ones knows if the ZSP has thicker sway bars or not. If anyone who reads this knows, please state...

I put 18" stock staggered wheels, and planning to get coilovers and want to go slightly lower than sports package height. (sports package is .6" lower and I want to go around 1").

Ultimately, I do want m3 control arms up front, but DO NOT WANT to touch the front sway bar. If anything, I would go skinnier up front. My last fwd car, I ran with a thicker sway in the back and no sway up front, feel was 100 better.

So down to the question:
After putting 18", I can tell car understeers even more (probably due to wider tires in the back). I want to put a thicker sway in the back to have the car feel neutral. Popular solution here seems like the M3 rear sway, which I think will be too much for me. Will be harsh in the back in straight line and stories about snap-oversteer scares me.

M3 rear sway is 20mm?
H&R also makes a 20mm one.

Is there anything in between 13mm - 20mm?

Thanks in advance.
I installed OEM Perf Susp Kit V2 with the thicker front sway bar and the handling improved significantly, turn-in, understeer decreased, less roll, batter damping, faster cornering speeds, etc. I also run PS2 ZP. I am a happy camper...it transformed the car. Now the next step is LSD and then wider 245f 265r PSS tires. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0