Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
As a Canadian customer I feel abused by the way BMW Canada treats us compared to BMW North America (USA). I would like to know how other member feel....
I wrote a few times to BMW Canada customer relations regarding pricing policy and the only answer I got from them is "It's much more expensive to do business in Canada..."
Let's not forget, in the last years, the Canadian currency has appreciated compared to US dollar but also the Euro.

So I have compiled a list where BMW Canada get their money back...

1- 15-20% higher retail prices
2- Shipping and delivery 1995$ compared to 800$ in US
3- No special discounts on ED compared to 7%? in US
4- No full maintenance plan, where in USA they have wearable parts replaced(like brakes) under warranty.

If I am missing some please feel free to add to list, and to make this fair if we have any benefits compared to our friends down south tell me!
I do agree with you to some extent, but then again if you have this much complain then why buy a BMW? There is no point on having a car that you are not really happy with.

You have to remember that the US is a very different market. Just because US and Canada share the same border doesnt mean that everything should be the same. Not to mention the population in the US and Canada. Canada's population is a fraction (1/10) or 10x compared to the US. There is a lot more to it than just "they should make the prices the same".

Its basic economics, supply and demand...

Also its not only BMW or cars for that matter. Everything food, clothes, electronics and even flights...
Appreciate 0