View Single Post
      01-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #39
ahnh77
chichen
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325xi

if the rear springs are seperate from the rear damper...the rear will probably be an easy DIY to replace the rear springs....so just pay half for the front only..and only get the front done......most shops charge equal rates for each spring replacement...

when i use to work on audi/vw....i usually did the rear springs myself using a jack and pipe (lowered the car using a pipe to push down on the springs..which allowed me to tighten the bolts without even using a spring compressor)....took me 30 minutes using a floor jack...and literally 15 minutes using a hydrolic lift.....

front springs on german cars are usually housed inside the entire strut assembly....which requires removal of the entire strut assembly...using a spring compressor to compress the spring to unbolt and take out the stock spring safely...and compress the new spring and put back inside..and put the entire strut assembly back in....

anyways..if you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty...sometimes it's fun to DIY...and you learn more about your own vehicle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
The rear springs are separate from the rear dampers.

Danny