hookah66
dirigir é a minha paixão
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 328c N52 3.0L cabriolet

Garage List
2002 325xi  [0.00]
2009 328i cabriolet  [0.00]
The use of LL01 in the US market is required due to the inherent higher sulfur contents in our petroleum products. The European auto manufacturers take the sustainability and the carbon foot print not only for waste generated during making of a given auto but also the amount of the waste generated required to service during its life cycle very seriously. The CBS maintenance interval for engine oil service addressees this issue, i.e. they want to minimize the amount of waste oil being disregarded which could have been saved if it did not reach its useful life cycle. Wonder why the absence of a oil dipstick in the newer models? This is to promote longer mileage between oil changes, the mere fact that the oil becomes black does not mean it has reached its useful life cycle. But here in the US the higher sulfur contents gasoline presented a challenge. Their solution is to specify the use of engine oil with LL01 designation. I do not believe the non use of LL01 after the expiration of the warranty period is required nor harmful provided that you change your oil at shorter frequency, i.e. at the customary 7.5K mile interval instead of the CBS which would be at something like 15K miles. I change my own oil every six months, I use LL01 0W40 Mobil One now, but will not continue the use of LL01 after the expiration of warranty period. I do not follow CBS. If your engine oil changes is determined by CBS intervals and you are burning US refinery gasoline then you should not use oils with LL04 designation no matter where you are in the world.

Sou fanático por conversíveis...

Last edited by hookah66; 07-30-2011 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0