01-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Way View Post
sd309r,

Not sure what your post is referring to. That is in fact the link to the unit we are talking about. "Reliable and compatible with latest BMW Factory software uploads", riiiiigggghhhhhtttt...

Jcarlucci1,

AA told me that if I didn't completely turn off the DSC/DTC that it would cause issues with warning lamps, etc. Basically the Explanation point inside of a triagle with 4x4 underneith emblem will appear and the vehicle's power will be reduced until you re-start the vehicle. Basically making it worthless to have a high power vehicle if every time you take a corner fast you either have to have the vehicle without DSC/DTC or have to inconveniently pull over and re-start vehicle. Is this the "reliable" part of the quote above...lol.

After everything was all said and done today it was NOT my fuel pump. Rather the piggy back floods the vehicle when it is trying to start according to the dealerships diagnosis.

Any other tuners/controllers/piggy backs have the same problem?

I wish I would have done substantially more research before buying the AP2. I regret my purchase.

Adam
hmm hope you still have a warranty bro. Either its not compatible with the AWD ECU signals or the AP2 is not working properly. There are TQ limits that the ECU compares the actual TQ to, and if its over, it will limp (specifically with a "!" symbol). I suspect the JB and Proceed (as well as various flashes) modify the check signal to not trip over these thresholds..
Appreciate 0