View Single Post
      09-25-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
wilkoal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Msport

Stock springs with koni yellow or FSD. Feedback from owners

I did some search here but haven't found many opinions. I am looking to keeping the stock height (I have got the M-sport) while improving the overall handling and the rolling during hard breaking.

I recently switched from Potenza r50 RFT to Pirelli Pzero non-rft and the dynamics of the car have changed dramatically. On the plus side the confort, the superior grip (dry and wet) and the overall feeling that the tires give back.
On the minus side it is undeniable that the steering feel gets worse in the sense that you loose the "kart-feeling" which at least my car has with RFT over 19". In the twistes your arms need to work much and much more. I would say that the steering ratio you loose is about 1/4 turn meaning that while stock your steering wheel need a certain degree to take a turn, the same turn will call for at least 1/4 more of steering while on non-rft.

Now having said that, I am looking to re-establish some of the original feeling (to the steering) and hope the above changes can give an help.

Can anyone with oem spring and koni yellow or FSD give some genuine feedback in terms of feeling before and after?

(full disclosure: I switched both sways already)
Appreciate 0