View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #17
marv85
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
Does anyone have a log showing meth flow following boost / throttle / IDC with Cobb?

HFS-4 has a gauge that shows you the meth flow and you can easily see it change with load... It also has debug hooks that shows you how to change the trigger point to make it follow either etc... Pretty easy and that's all you need really.

So yes you can know when your meth flowing and how much it is flowing, however since it is a standalone system it won't be through the COBB software like procede/JB4 since COBB isn't controlling meth. Meth has its own standalone controller.

not only can you know if meth is flowing or not and how it is flowing through the gauge with its Bar display, but logs captured by COBB also show reduced IATs so if you are really worried about gauge being wrong which if possible could happen on any meth kit since they all use a sensor to capture flow...

One more thing cool about this is when you run COBB + meth, you get to see timing corrections/actual timing on all cylinders. Meth has an uneven distribution, so you don't want to rely one readings from one cylinder to tune. I ran piggys, and to be honest with you having the benefit of seeing timing on different cylinders has been eye opening...

just my 2 cents
SOLD - '22 Tesla M3P | '10 E92 335i M, 6MT | '07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, FBO, HFS4

Last edited by marv85; 10-01-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0