turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTony View Post
Hi everyone, my first post here.

Heading to work yesterday in the NSX, I raced a 335i yesterday from about 0-100 on an empty stretch of road. I was only able to pull about 3 car lengths, I was pretty surprised because I initially thought it was a 330. My NSX has a couple mods and probably runs in very low 13's if taken to a 1/4 mile track.

Well after the race I started some research on them and wound up here. I also have an IS350 and wanted to see what 335i owners thought of them. I am very surprised at the responses! Especially regarding the 'comparison of acceleration'. Some magazines rate the 335 quicker (Car and Driver) and some rate the IS350 quicker (Road and Track). At this point, stock vs stock they are very similar and it may come down to something as simple as outside temperature (heat hurts turbo performance significantly). I would love to meet up with a 335 owner(or owners!) here in Charleston for some friendly comparisons and to talk about the cars in detail and maybe grab a bite to eat.

BTW, I chose the IS350 over the 330 and S60-R a little over a year ago. No 335 available back then!:mad: I really like the IS350 and I like the 335 as well, just have not had the chance to drive one.

I'm also very interested in the 335 vs the IS350 from a tuning standpoint, from what I've seen the 335 has a significant edge over the IS350 initially. I want to see more strip times from the modded 335's though! Very few IS350's are in the 12's (mostly due to weight reduction + I/E mods) but there are already many 335's there.

Something else I've noticed is that both cars seem to have traction problems off the line due to tires or launch control computers.

First, welcome to the forum! It seems that you were up against a stock 335 i. The PROcede or Turbo Tuner really improve the straight line performance of the car, especially from a roll. IS 350 is a nice car, and well built!

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0