Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20 View Post
Thats just it the sticker of my car was 41k.. 328i with sport package and all options except NAV... Am I going to pay 41k " HELL NO " Bought my car for 22k w/39k Miles.. Still a baby for half the price.. To buy new is a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY. My car is mint condition and 39k miles = a baby still.

Its not worth buying new ESP a BMW I dont care what kinda piece of mind you want. How much abuse could the car of possibly taken in the first 40k miles? Im an enthusiast if it passes PPI im and is physically in great shape im good to go.
If there had been an e91 in the right spec and condition for sale when I was looking I might have bought it and rented a car in Europe (I was going anyway). There wasn't. Ultimately the difference between your car and mine is $5K a year for 4 years. But I get 10K miles of use for each of those $5K. Expensive, but not ridiculous. As I have said, in general, I buy used cars. This time I wanted a new one, and I can very easily afford it. I'm lucky enough to be middle-aged, single, no kids, have a small mortgage and a great job. Cars are literally my only vice - I neither smoke nor drink. I don't even have the $5-10/day fancy coffee problem most of my peers seem to have.

And ultimately, someone has to buy BMWs new or there would be no nice used ones to buy. BMW would be in the same boat as Saab. Saab owner's were very enthusiastic too, but they all bought used Saabs.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0