Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [3.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
man that sucks, can you measure the rotational play in the output shaft/quibo? How bad wad removal...how heavy is it? Doesn't look to be that heavy, with my differential I didn't even use a Jack...I held it in place...my wife screwed in bolts LOL!
maybe 100lbs haha i carried it like a cripple but i carried it!! pulled it out like any other transmission, there is an access hole for the tourqe converter bolts rotate the engine to other bolts, then all the bolts on the bell housing i removed downpipes as well. and had my exhaust and diff dropped just cuz LOL. used long extensions to remove the bell housing bolts, i wanna make a DIY but i was in such a rush to remove it i didn't take pictures..
took me 45 minutes after i got everything out of the way. pushed up the pulled back and it pulled right out.

i don't know if measuring the play when the trans is out is gonna be accurate because the tourq converter is out of it and its not connected to the engine. but if you want ill send you a video of the play in park. witht the transmission out of the car
Appreciate 0