View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #73
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
The conti ExtremeContact DWs are known to be a very soft tire. I tested these back to back vs the Michelin pilot Super Sports at an event earlier this year (on an E92 328i), and the difference was significant. That experience was a determining factor when I picked out new tires a few months later, and crossed the DW's off my list.

I know it doesn't help you now, but since you are stuck with them, I'd put a few more PSI in them, to help stiffen them up. What tire pressures are you running right now?
I was running 40. The tires stiffened up after only a few hours, but after 200 miles they are still unacceptable. Gotta wait it out and see what happens after more mileage.

I might have gotten the PSS if they were available in my size; but after this experience I'm much more likely to stick with Michelin.
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.
Appreciate 0