06-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #24
Seabiscuit
Aequitas Veritas
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
Where the hell are you getting this information? Might want to re-check that.

I got it from HBO, and since its a premium channel and I'm too drunk to argue any further, I'm gonna leave it at that.

Real Sports did a piece on running shoes vs. barefoot a few months back and there was not a single study/ piece of evidence that shows that hi-tech running shoes provide any sort of gains in terms of performance/ durability. They even interviewed two of Nike's lead designers and they even admitted that the design and amount of tech that goes into a running shoe doesn't actually do much to improve the human body's natural capability.

Why do you think African nations always dominate at running competitions? It is, in part, because they've learned to run the way the human body has been conditioned to run and not through the guidance of Nike/ Addidas/ Puma/ New Balance.

I never said a running shoe wasn't more comfortable. I mean sure, a running shoe may provide comfort, but it does NOTHING to help your performance or prevent injury caused by the natural act of running (muscle strains, knee problems, etc...)

BTW, where are you getting the unprovided info necessary to effectively dispute my claim? Commercials, or are you a bonafide shoe salesman??

Last edited by Seabiscuit; 06-25-2010 at 04:38 AM..
Appreciate 0