View Single Post
      06-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

DON'T do that!

My boy is a service tech at a BMW dealership and he installed by HID fogs in my car. All you have to do is take a razorblade and cut a piece of plastic on the base of the bulb at a 45 degree angle. The bulb has 3 different protruding parts at the base of the bulb, you know...the pieces that you twist to lock the bulb. One of them is smaller that the other two, YOU DO NOT TOUCH THE SMALLER ONE. Only take the left corner piece of ONE of the larger ones. It STILL takes a while to get the EXACT angle to twist it shut and lock it Even after you take the piece off, but i guarantee that it DOES WORK PERFECTLY. I did it myself to my friends fog lights and i didn't even take off an even 45degree piece of the base of the bulb....in fact it was kinda messy and uneven....but it worked PERFECTLY and locked into place just like the stock bulbs.
2011 Jet Black 328i, 6-Speed Manual, Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminum, Harmon Kardon w/ Surround Sound, Navi, BMW Apps, iPod & USB Adapter, BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth, Full LED Interior, 6000k HID Fogs, Matte Black Kidney Grills, M3 Lip Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, 19" Beyern Black Mesh *19x8.5 front(ET40)* *19x9.5 rear(ET30)*
Appreciate 0