Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wins76 View Post
My goal is to have at least 400 rwhp. I already surpassed my warranty period; therefore, wanted mods that will not harm or shortern too much the life of the engine components (ie. using COBB will degrade the spark plugs from 40,000 miles to 20,000 miles) drastically
Using any tune & increasing the requested performance over the stock tune is going to shorten the life span of ALL the parts, especially wear & tear items like the spark plugs & ignition coils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adictedtopoker View Post
For the most part, they are not $50k cars anymore. They are low, and sometimes sub, $20k. This attracts a younger and cheaper audience. It is only going to get worse as time marches on.
While they might be ~$20k, maintenance costs are still going to hit the wallet like it's a $50k car. While you don't need to buy the most expensive parts, don't be surprised if the cheapest parts available tend to have problems (fitment, quality of materials, durability, efficiency, etc).

OP -- If you wanna go fast & spend bare minimum on mods, you only need three things:
  1. JB4
  2. BMS DCI
  3. Windshield Washer Meth Kit w/ Meth Elbow

If you buy used, that'll be the cheapest way to get over 400 WHP. If you search & find some deals, you can get everything for under $1k. But before you start running meth, PLEASE read up on how meth works, the hazards of using it & frequently check your meth lines.
Appreciate 0