View Single Post
      08-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #1233
robkellz
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Hey guys!

My problem seems to have some of the symptoms explained in the HPFP problem, but other warnings lead me to believe it is something else. While driving to work last week my 335i jerked for a second while on the freeway and the "service engine soon" light came on for a second. The car ran fine until I got ready to leave work and a bunch of messages came on the idrive, the half engine showed up on the dash, and the car went into limp mode. These are the messages that I got:

Engine malfunction - reduced power
Malfunction in transmission
DSC malfunction
Start-off assistance malfunction
DBC malfunction

I'm taking the car to the dealership to get a diagnostics test this morning. Any suggestions on whether this is HPFP related or something else? Maybe the battery or alternator (Battery is about 1.5 years old).

I had the alternator/battery tested at O'reilly's and since they couldnt hook directly to the battery in the trunk, they had to use the connection under the hood. The said the battery tested out fine, but the alternator voltage regulator failed... I'm just not sure how accurate this test is since it was performed in the engine bay.

One last thing. The service history shows that the HPFP was changed back in 2010.
Appreciate 0