Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigugly View Post
I don't think you can justify it was ONLY the E85...... The injectors in n54/n63's are junk.

I WOULD add some Lucas E85 fuel stabilizer to help lubricate that dry stuff. I do, and feel it helps with lubricity.
Well I forgot to mention in the original post was that they all failed rather abruptly. I'm super anal about my car and would literally log every couple of days usually about three runs. All of the logs were great no signs of incoming failure then bam they went bad.

Was it just the E85 maybe maybe not. The tech, SA, and I discussed it when I picked up the car and the tech seems to think so. He was their master tech and a huge N54/55 fan. He knew all about the beginning tunes JB+, JB2, to the new cobb stuff we have now. They also install Dinan tunes there if that helps any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
1. what do you say with people who have injectors go bad who has never used e85.

2. how did you determine e85 was the culprite?

3. you very lucky you found a dealer willing to work with a tuned car.
1. My SA said that there are different batches of injectors out there who's stock number is only readable when scanned. He said he's seen injector's that were scanned and according to BMW were a good batch only to see them go bad like 6 months later (this was during the recall). So really with injectors it's a crap shoot. That's why all I'm saying is to be careful with E85 if you can't afford to pay to play.

2. See above reply.

3. Yes and I'm very thankful for it.
Appreciate 0