cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILPowered View Post
Update:

Spoke to Evan at Tischer- I may have misunderstood initially, but BMW does not offer the ZSP shock/springs for the 'd as separate parts. Only the BMW Performance set is offered.

I'm afraid this may be a bit too aggressive for my needs as it drops the car an inch and the spring rates are stiffer than the ZSP package, though Evan did state the ride is not supposed to be harsh. I do find "harsh" is quite subjective so I'm not sure.

Anyway, thought I'd share. I'm on the fence at this point.

I may be better off sourcing someone's take off ZSP parts, but unfortunately they're aren't many d's out there for source cars, as we all know.
I don't understand what you/he means BMW doesn't offer the ZSP springs and shocks "as seperate parts?" You should be able to order/buy ZSP springs and shocks directly off the parts list on the GetBMWParts website or from any dealer, you just need to give them your VIN. You may want to try calling BMW of Rockville's parts dept.

Performance shocks/springs are an upgrade from ZSP so yes they should be stiffer. Your car will not sit that low, but if you are planning on keeping your run flat tires you may find the ride a bit stiff for your liking.
Appreciate 0