View Single Post
      12-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #271
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

This week has been hectic with a few xmas parties a large workload and also arranging to have the ams fmic, Active Autowerke CP & AR design DP's fitted by the guys at Advan performance.

I had an early start on the Thursday morning departing newcastle at 5.45am and arriving at advan around 8am Thurs and then having to catch the 4hr train ride home so the guys had the car for a few days to work on.

As with most mods there were a few issues, but in the limited time available the guys came through with the goods and had the car finished so I could pick it up on the Saturday morning.

Peter arranged for Justin to pick me up from the train station, and getting back to the workshop and talking to Justin about the majority of the mods done to his 135i and what he has in the pipeline for it you can't help but be invigorated and tap into the passion these guys have for modifying the N54's.

In hindsight I couldn't help but think that Pete has Justin as his PR media rep for advan, as it's difficult not to leave advan without a few more ideas on driveline/chassis/engine mods to perform to your vehicle and have the guys at advan carry out the work for you!

I must say that I'm extremely impressed with their facility, know how, friendly service and the work performed on my car. I will definately be taking my car to these guys for all of my major servicing and future installations for modifications.

As to how the car the car drives and sounds now that I have these parts fitted? On a cold start the car is certainly louder, with a deeper engine burble @ idle, and the crackle n pops are louder and dare i say i get a few more pops then usual. I have heard some guys state they didnt feel any difference with the dp's. I'm unsure if its the case my car being a manual it is definately a lot more responsive! I'm not talking about during WOT but just toodling along in traffic the accelerator seems a lot more 'sensitive' and I had also noticed that once the car hits ~ 2-3krpm you can feel the car wanting to take off. Under the few times I have opened it up, in 3rd gear wot from 80kms it definately pulls harder then before.

Engine bay pic with the AA BOV & CP fitted:

I think to date the procede has provided the biggest BFYB, but these mods certainly are worthwhile!

On another note coding of my car has proved extremely difficult for tanz. I first of all want to thank him for his efforts he has dropped past advan on numerous occasions trying to access the ecu with the procede in map 0 with no luck. I appreciate the efforts you have gone to mate in this busy time of year hopefully we can nut out what is causing this issue (not that I can be of much use with coding!)

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 01-05-2013 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0