SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Slip slippin' away

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
What I have found is that I tend to abrade and wear the side bolster when I get in and out. Actually abrasion from the wallet in my pocket. Make sure you are carefull getting in and out to minimize this. You did not say what color your interior is. If it is black it will be easier to maintain becuse you can use shoe polish to rejuvinate any scuffing and wear that occurs. You can do that with other colors as well. Tough part is finding shoe polish/creme to match the other BMW colors.

One thing to remember here.

You know how you use 2 or even 3 cloths or brushes to polish your shoes; an 'on' cloth and one or two buffing cloths? In future, after you've done your car seats with shoe cream, do remember when getting dressed each morning that you're now wearing the buffing cloth. This has the obvious advantage that each time you drive your car, you're also giving your seat a nice shine.

Regarding that shine...do make sure that whenever you brake hard, you're well braced against the steering wheel and floor, otherwise you could end up in the footwell, which is obviously not the ideal driving position. And if you happen to use a silicon-based shoe polish, you may also find that fitting 4 point safety harnesses is advantagous to keep you on the driver's side of the car around bends.

Obviously all the above is tongue in cheek, but there's also an element of truth. There's nothing worse in a high performance car than a slippy seat so the #1 criteria I look for in any leather conditioner is that it does not make the seat slippery

Cheerio!

Steve
Appreciate 0