View Single Post
      12-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #41
atomic69
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo

Looking a the pics there look to be some heat issues with the big end's. There could be many reasons for this and without some data logs it would be difficult to say conclusively.
You have chosen your components and manufactures wisely and I would rate CP-Carrillo as being one of the top three manufactures in the world along side Arrow, Omega and Cosworth. Aftermarket pistons tend to be made from low expansion alloy forgings like 2618 or 4032 as they are far more resistant to high loads and temps than oe pistons. As you are not doing things by half if I were you I would also contact Vandervell and see if they could produce you some Mahle Motorsport bearings to suit. Mahle's Motorsport cast bearing are without doubt the best available and offer far better load characteristics than other manufactures "Race" bearings which tend to be just standard bearings that are hand picked and checked for dimensional tolerances.
As for oiling issues, unless you go to the trouble of installing a dry sump your only real choice would be to install baffles and install an Accusump. The Accusump's work very well for what they are and have a race proven record, being used in the likes of the BTTC etc. Modifying the oe oil pump to increase flow and possibly pressure is also something to consider.
Appreciate 0