View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
dangeris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
It's lower because you put in lowering springs. Bump stops are compressible foam, they should not affect the overall drop all that much even if you are riding on them (which is the mystery with critical05's install). What they will do if riding on them is make the ride very stiff over rough pavement, and feel like you are bottoming out all the time.

If you can do it you'd need to take a wheel off, put a jack or block under the hub, lower the car w/o the wheel to normal level, and see if the stop is compressed inside the spring (touching the inside of the strut hat and top of strut body). This is admittedly hard to do.
I'll say. It's tight in there! i was just outside and turned the wheel so I can get my hand up and in there and when I pushed in with my finger on the boot I could feel the strut rod but no bump stop. I continued to do that further up to see where I would start to feel the bumpstop but nothing. I'm guessing its not riding on it.

On a side note, I've driven this for about 100 miles now and I've gone over several speed bumps as well as other bumps on the road and it never felt like it was bottomed out. very smoth compared to my OEM setup with RFTs...
2008 997.1 TT Porsche; 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Show Car; 1995 300ZX SMZ #36
Appreciate 0