View Single Post
      09-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #42
deathbunny
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
I just installed my brand new COBB V3 and took the car for a ride. It was a huge delight but after a while I got into some problems that I need advice on.

I was driving for about an hour on highway and other roads and pushing the car, no problems. Then I tried the "0-100 kmh performance measure" feature once with no problem but on the second run, exactly when I shift from 2nd to 3rd the car sort of brakes in, cuts power and start vibrating and I also got some smell in the cabin of something burnt. No warning lights on the display though. I slowly drive to the side, steering wheel shaking and car almost doesn't respond to throttle input, stop the engine and restart and it runs fine. I check codes and have the two following:

P2AAF
P29DC

I clear them, also resets ECU learning and codes and push the car again. Now this time I don't dare to do 0-100 times but try to go on 2nd gear WOT from about 2500rpm up to about 6000 before shifting to 3rd , going WOT through this one and then shifting to 4th and slowly braking. No problems occur but I see that error code P2AAF is there once again.

After some searching on the forums I find some indications on that I need to change the Low Pressure Fuel Pump but some also say it's nothing to worry about and "normal with COBB". What do you guys think?

I will try to list the parameters I can think of that might be of interest t

I use:
* Stg1 LT Sport I480S v401
* aFe Cold Air Intake (http://www.turnermotorsport.com/imag..._installed.jpg)
* VRSF 7" FMIC
* VRSF Charge Pipe
* Shell 98+ octane (as per Euro metrics), never ran anything below 98 octane the last 4 years.
* About 40389 miles on spark plugs (about 65000 km)

I will try to log also soon, I realized that the logs will help a lot...

So what do you guys think? Ignore it or do some maintenance already?!? Walnut Blasting is not something done commonly in Europe but as I understand it is less likely to cause a problem over here because of the better quality of the gas? (That's just what I heard)
I don't know what is wrong but at 40k miles your spark plugs could definitely use replacing. That is starting to stretch it stock, on a tune you are bound to have problems.

Also not sure about better gas reducing the need to walnut blast. Since the reason we have to walnut blast in the first place is because the fuel does not wash the valves anymore like in normal engines I kind of doubt it would have anything to do with it but I have been wrong before

Last edited by deathbunny; 09-25-2013 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 0