View Single Post
      07-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #77
jb2thdoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemurdock View Post
I don't think you will get stoned, but there are some strong opinions here, some based on experience and repeating the same answers from that experience over and over.

If you have an E92 M3, then you should have at least what I have in my '11 E92 M3, which is the HiFi system. This would include seperate components in the doors, with a tweeter in the sail panel (the little triangular piece at the top front of the door) and a 4" mid in the front of the door, two 8" (mid bass) woofers, in the floor under each front seat, and two 4" mids over each of the side armrests in the backseats.

The BSW solution has been favorably reviewed in Roundel, but BSW is a large purchaser of advertising in the mag, so you might want to bear that in mind.

The BSW solution has been done by some members, and they seemed pretty happy with the results, search out their results, so I expect it is an improvement. When someone from BSW tried describe what it is they are selling equipment wise, BSW was a litle sketchy when challenged for details.

I would be curious to see what Technic and VP (and 808MGUY) would consider the optimum speaker install for our HiFi system utilizing the MS-8. But I have bluetooth, and there is currently a glitch in the MS-8 software that causes an echo on the receiving end when using a bluetooth connected phone from your car, so they need to fix that before I would consider it.

You might want to start here for some background info:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407085
Unfortunately, I have a decontented stereo that does not have the factory tweeters in the sail panels. Also, I do not have bluetooth. My M3 is pretty stripped. Based on what VP said, I am just going to add an amp and do something decent in the front instead of messing with the BSW's. Technic previously mentioned rainbow separates for the front. Does anyone know how much modification, other than adaptors, is required to fit these in an e92?
Appreciate 0