View Single Post
      04-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #66
Rochester BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport. On order E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
ALSO, I was thinking of this thread as I saw yet another E90, very new, with rusty hubs on it this morning.....

If they DID fit the parts and you DID pay the 350 quid - what is to stop them doing the same thing in three months?

Unless these are parts which Don'T rust....in which case surely there's an argument that the current parts are faulty as they have parts available to 'fix' the problem !!!

I betcha they'd do the same thing in 3 months... I'd do the wheels yourself and then you don't have to worry.
BMW say that they dont see it as a fault... a bit of a contradiction considering they are offering to replace the parts (which in their books has nothing wrong with it)

My dealership said to me "but if these rust you'll just keep coming back every 5 weeks" o which i responded somthing along the lines of... "well thats not my problem is it! correct the fault and I wont keep coming back!"

I then said that I would proberly paint them to stop this happening again to which they said "if your going to paint them anyway why cant you just do that to the ones you've got already"

This was driving me mad, I did not spend all this money on a car to have to paint the F ing brakes to stop them rusting!!!!

Im going to phone up my dealer now and keep on top of this... will let you know how I get on...

Has anyone else had similar problems?
Appreciate 0