View Single Post
      07-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
tennis_pr0
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2--7 BMW 335i coupe

Just did oil change few questions

So I just did my first oil change ever. I have a 2007 335i. It went just fine, I followed the DIY on here and no problems. Just have a few questions.

1. When I took the oil filter out, there was a lot of oil left in the space it came out of, I just left it there and put the new filter in. I have a pic here to show what I mean.

2. When putting the new oil filter in, it definitely required some force to get it in. Is this normal? I used a special took for removing and putting the filter/filte rcap in and out.

3. I put 7 quarts of oil in, but it is still slightly below max. I would say it is 3/4 to the max line, but not quite there, is this normal/okay?

4. Thew oil drain bolt I just tightened it til it was pretty tight, not overly tight, but tight. I would say once the bolt stopped turning, I applied some force and turned it a quarter more turn or so, if I did over tighten it only hrm would be it being tough to get off the next time right?

Evereything went fine, I replaced both gaskets on the filter, drained all the old oil out, all seems good. Some feedback to my questions would be appreciated!

One more thing I want to add, I lubricated the gaskets but did not lubricate the filter, I just put the filter in dry.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0