View Single Post
      02-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
-=TSL=-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a sexy 325i

Garage List
Joined the BMW Performance Intake & Exhaust club!

First Impressions

When I first sat inside, I thought... EH!? Can't really hear much.. Its only when you stand outside you and give it some gas!!
It has a nice rumble at idle and progressively turns into a mechanical rasp as the revs rise. I honestly thought it was going to be a very conservative upgrade, like your standard accessories range exhaust. Wonderful!

The intake isn't exactly in CSL territory but it does give the engine a sound more akin to BMW's of old. More pronounced inside the cabin and out.

On The Road

Inside the cabin, you can only hear a slight rumble from the back and under acceleration the engine is certainly more aural thanks to the intake. When you inch the window down a notch the sound is fantastic! The higher the revs rise, you can always hear the exhaust no matter how fast you are going. Its by no means Fast and Furious loud, it sounds more like a extension of the engine now rather than just an exit for gaseous waste!
The engine feels more responsive than before, notably the revs tend to rise much quicker. Not sure how many horses the products have added, but it is definitely more urgent.

Although I haven't heard it drive past while standing on the street, the dealer was adamant it is more akin to a 335i sound

The quality of the intake and exhaust is as good as you'd expect from BMW, not to mention they look ace! The exhaust tips are surprisingly larger than I expected to be honest, so may to be to everyones taste. All in all I wouldn't change anything, a perfect combination.

Here's some pics....

Now the question that begs to be asked.. What next?

TSL

-=E92 325i M Sport-Alpine White-Saddle Brown-NavPro-Bluetooth-Individual Sound-6FL-Brushed Aluminium=-
Appreciate 0