DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Good post! cheers, and same to you too. I just don't want anyone to have a false impression of what its been like to try and track this vehicle. I think myself and PeterM1, have tracked this car the most, and we can both atest, to just how much of a royal pain in the butt it was to do so. Btw, you need an intercooler, as I don't see one listed in your sig, especially since you are in dallas. Ironically, I've been in between this forum, and the Z06 forum's classified section. I'm at this point just trying to look at price ranges, so I'm all set to get a used one, end of 2013. This one guy is trying to sell his, and it looks like he blew his previous motor, which had a wet sump system, and then the stealership installed a new dry sump motor for him. I'm trying to stay away from cars with oil starvation issues like the E90/92 M3, or early Z06's, etc.
I have the VRSF 7" IC, catless downpipes and single 3.5" exhaust.

I had a C5 Z06, and they didn't have a dry sump available at the time; now there are aftermarket systems available. I'd look at the dry sump Z06's if possible, but be warned, the GM dry sump is not a pure dry sump... it's kind of a hybrid and does not fully solve all oiling issues. I think the newest revision of it does, but don't quote me.
Appreciate 0