skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i View Post
Supply and demand. Just because something is priced at $1,000,000 doesn't make it worth that much. To be honest $12,000 is a rip off for what you get considering the entire car itself is around $21,000. There are few people with enough money to drop on this kit and even fewer with that much money laying around who would make such a decision. The poor performance at shift sector and transmission issues are another red flag.

There are too many other options priced much more reasonably (RBs) to make this a buy at $6,500. Nevertheless it only takes one buyer so I wish the seller best of luck. Its definitely a sweet kit, no doubt about that.
Weird, I didn't have poor performance at shift sector. The only issue I ran into was my very last run at the end of the second day, where it didn't want to stay in 5th gear when we tried tweaking some settings...oh but RB turbo guys had that problem as well. It's not single related. All my previous runs were fine. For non-track driving, you will never notice it, it's an absolute beast on the street.

As far as other options being priced reasonably, please don't compare this to RBs. The fact that you would even do so says a lot. This is putting over 600 to the wheel on autos, without E85 (and shitty CA91 gas mind you). Shiv is doing E85 testing on manuals and it's in the 700 territory. There is NO other option that compares and makes this too expensive at $6500.

It's absolutely astonishing that you guys think $12000 is a rip off for DOUBLING the power of a stock 300hp car. I wonder if the M3 guys complain this much about the $15k superchargers that don't even put down as much torque.

Thanks for the other positive bumps, though.