Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
City? It dropped from 20th to 24th in the country for the last census.

They can't keep people here. Historically, there were little tax incentives for businesses to operate hare, so they set up shop somewhere else (New Jersy and big pharma is a good example). Plus, the social activities for the newly graduated are limited.
Granted, it has been an ongoing issue to keep the graduates from leaving. And just to keep people in general from leaving. But at the end of the day Boston is still a city. I see your point though. And I cant believe they dont understand why it is an issue. 3 Major things.

1. Cost of living
2. traffic which shouldnt exist according the the big dig
3. low amount of activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
I totally agree. The city of Boston itself is beautiful. I love the commons, public garden, financial district, Beacon Hill, Fanueil Hall, the North End, Back Bay. They're all excellent, scenic, historic areas. Too bad the people are so cold that they ruin everything. Haha.

I mean, not everyone's terrible. But the percentage of socially inept people here is much higher compared to other areas of the country. Its also the most educated region in the country due to all the colleges around. But that still doesn't change anything, or make anything better especially for someone who didn't grow up in NE, like Josh for example.

If I ever moved away I know I would miss everything about Boston. But I really think some change for a few years would be very, very good.
You just hit the nail on the head. I am young but still find walking through the historical areas of Boston to be great. Knowing that Boston was a huge factor in the growth of our great country and being able to see these sites. Also the great buildings and areas. Just 2 weeks ago I walked all of North End sat on the pier with my girlfriend. It is a great place. But needs some more activities for when you dont feel like just walking around.

I agree about missing Boston also. But before recently I lived in the Orlando area of Florida. And it is an amazing place. Sure Boston especially in the summer is the best. But as stated it gets annoying and you just need a change.