lolwut
The debater
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Ah...makes sense.

Just curious...I've never leased...but I'm thinking of actually leasing all future cars as I never keep a car past 3 years lol... I'd rather rent a car for cheaper, have it under warranty and be able to not worry about market value come trade in time.

What's a "cost cap reduction"?
Very basicly, a fancy way of saying 'price reduction off MSRP'

instead of giving you $5000 off MSRP thus lowering the base cost of the vehicle, a cost cap red essentially acts as a down payment or cash value twoard the full purchase price of a vehicle.

ie.. if you're financing $70K and you negotiate 5K off by a cost cap reduction, they'll finance you that 70K and automaticlly apply 5K worth of downpayments.

instead of say, financing you for 65K. It's a very round-about way of charging you a slightly higher interest rate because you're financing more money essentially.

Quote:
Just curious...what type of charges would they apply for damage to a lease car? For example the dent you have...
the full retail cost to repair any items that exceed their damage thresholds essentially, as well as typically a small admin fee.
Appreciate 0