View Single Post
      10-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #20
Smoke4U
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i '08 E93 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3 L U N T View Post
I purchase the 30pin to Lightning from Apple (Real OEM) and it was the extension one, not the small.

I also have an OEM BMW Y-Cable (6FL).

When I go to audio sources I see AUX and USB instead of the IPOD source I previously would see when attaching my iPod or iPhone via the 6FL only.
That's a bummer I was hoping it was a power only adapter which would cause this problem. Are there any extension cables added to your 6FL? If so I am sure you removed them to test connectivity between the 6FL connected directly to the lightning adapter. If that did not work then maybe it's a bum lighting adapter?

Not sure about this but I have the original iOS 7.0 install. I did not install the update to it yet (7.02). Are you on the same version or is yours updated to 7.02? If so maybe that breaks things (I hope not).

Things To Try
1) Hard Reset your iphone by holding down the lock and home buttons simultaneously until the phone cuts itself off. Turn it on again and try connecting it to the adapter once again.

2) Try a new lightning adapter. Maybe its a bum one. A quick drive to the Apple store could confirm this (quick is all relative here).

3) Try a newer 6FL cord. I recall that the oldest cord was for iPhone 3's and I believe they released a newer cord for the iPhone 4's. If this statement is true (can't remember nor find supporting documents now) then maybe it won't work without a new 6FL cable. A drive to the dealer would confirm this.

You should be working and those are the only points of failure possible.
Appreciate 0