View Single Post
      12-29-2023, 06:30 AM   #531
bingobongo775
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320d, E91 320d

Hi,
I am rebuliding son's E90 from 02/2006.
After reading all forums I became a little paranoid about this problem even if all around there were statements that this problem doesn't affect cars prior to 2007.
Since I have dismantled the whole interior, today I checked also the famous cable. On the fuse box it is fitted with the nut. I checked the tightening, and everything fine till now.
I suppose the change of the connector in those affected series was a try to reduce production costs, unfortunately at the expense of putting life of buyers in danger.
My point of view: BMW is not anymore guided by engineers but by those id...ots with the like Standord, Yale, etc.. degrees, masters etc... The sam as happened in Mercedes and VW with all its marks.

On the other side, the double B+ cable that is going under the floor has the connection of the passage from the battery to the outside completly disintegtrated. It is strange, because in most cases the causes of this cable to burn were leaking of the water in the trunk and then in the battery basin.
Mine didn't leaked, just the connection's protection disintegrated overtime.
Appreciate 0