11-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #34
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
They have it in coupe form in Europe only.

Another amazing discovery tonight. I put my Jack Johnson CD in (13 tracks). I was listening to a couple songs and then ejected it. I noticed the music was still playing! I then switched through the tracks and found out all 13 tracks were recorded onto the hard drive. Pretty nifty! Now I don't even need to carry CD cases, flash drives, etc..in the car with me.

I also decided to drive as economically as possible across town. I was still able to eek out 30mpg. I will do some more testing to see how long I can sustain this in the city. Of course if I drive like I normally do, I would get far worse than the 23mpg city EPA rating. But what I found is if you short shift (which the diesel works perfectly with), and keep the RPMs between 1500-2000 max, you can truly see the MPG gauge over 30 at times. It seems by the readings while coasting, even at a really slow speed, the mpg is much higher than it is in my gas 335i. Which leads me to believe, at idle this car simply takes less fuel. Truly an amazing car.
Since my car didn't come w/ iPod integration what i did was burned a shit ton of music onto DVD's and use that. a nice dual layer DVD holds close to 9 gigs of music! works for me

you'll notice that even when gunning the car doing city driving its pretty hard to get her below the epa rated 23 mpg. The car barely uses fuel which is amazing. Let your engine break in (which we see you haven't from your video) and your mileage will only go up so will your performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
If they put this engine in the F25 X3, I swear I will forgot how magled and ugly the face is and spring for one. Right now I want to love it soo much but still can't get past that face. I was thinking of jettisoning my RAV4 this January, but looks like it might stay put or Q5 might take its place, unless BMW can do better with the ugly or sweeten the deal with 35D upfront.
I'm wondering if they will put it in that but it would be pretty awesome if they did. If they put this engine in any and every car it would be pretty awesome. Q5 is a great vehicle. Rides really well, gets good gas mileage (I have the 3.2) Snow is not an issue w/ quattro. It's quiet and comfortable. Interior is gorgeous, i love it and wish it came w/ a diesel over here.
Appreciate 0