12-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #36
Smoove B
Urban Gorilla
United_States
Rep
Drives: oh six 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
SmooveB just got tuned with a Magnaflow catback and put down 220whp on the Eurocharged dyno.
Say what!?? Did I hear my name called?

Yeah, I went to Dyno Day at M-Power last Saturday. I had only planned to see what a few local vendors had to offer. But when Hooy told me that Eurocharged actually improved his HP over his previous generic tune, I decided to take the plunge.

So here's how the tune went. Jerry (master mind of Eurocharged) dynoed my car before and after the tune. The results of the tune were a 13 hp improvement and about 10 ft-lbs increase in torque. The attached dyno chart shows the before and after runs of 210.9 hp before the tune and 223.9 hp after. These numbers represent the best run of three in each case, both before the tune and after -- not the lowest of three runs before tuning to the highest run of three after tuning, which would inflate the numbers. I actually stood at the dyno machine and watched the curve being formed as Jerry performed the test. I should add here that on my '06 330i, six speed, I already had a Magnaflow #16539 cat back exhaust (~$670 including shipping from ebay), the euro N52 air box from ECS (~$420), and the Sprint Booster. Everything else is stock.

13 HP increase might not sound like a big increase. But, I'd guess it's the torque on the low end that really makes the difference. The torque gain was about 10 ft-lbs over a fairly wide range. Anyway, when I drove the car after the tune with Jerry’s helper on board, I was absolutely awed by the hasty/(umm, nasty) acceleration. At the nearest three lane road from the shop (Westpark), I let loose the newly tuned engine and could immediately sense that my car had major "Attitude." I slowed the car down to creep speed, and with a down shift, launched it in first gear. I watched the tach race up quickly, then from second gear the engine howled through the Magnaflow exhaust until I was reading the bumper sticker of the car I thought just a moment ago had a two block lead on me.

Jerry had told me that the increase in power and torque would be a nice kick when coupled with the manual tranny – and let me tell ya, he was right! Now back to the driving experience. I turned U-ey to go back to the shop and allowed more clear space between me and the traffic ahead. I then made a full throttle charge and actually chirped the tires (for the first time) when shifting into second gear and again into third gear… and this was with the DTC function engaged to limit wheel spin.

Thanks to Eurocharged, I now comprehend, first-hand, the meaning of a sub 6.0 second, 0 to 60 mph acceleration. The trick is that I need shift only once. Yep, I could have turned 60 mph in 2nd gear, easily.

It goes without saying, the car’s performance turned out to be better than I thought. I believe the usable power for my style is in the 2600 to 5400rpm range. There’s good low end torque for launching from first and second gears and the power just keeps coming in the motor’s higher rpm range.

Well, that's the rap on my Eurocharged tune. So, u want sum? Call the tunemaster Jerry at Eurocharged. They're on the 'net. He can hook you up.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Eurocharged tune_E90 330i.pdf (195.5 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by Smoove B; 12-23-2011 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 0