08-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #1670
MxRacerCam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Dave,

Unfortunately the very inexpensive units are usually not worth it because they don't have enough power to work in a polish and the pad/bonnets are not great for the paint. For a high quality buffer that is reasonably affordable the Porter Cable 7424 XP is a great choice, in a kit like this one DI Packages Porter Cable 7424XP 4" Basic Kit.

If you have the time for a two step process I'd highly recommend getting a polish and sealant instead of a cleaner wax and a sealer wax, which would be somewhat redundant. By using a light polish like the Meguiar's Ultra Finishing Polish M205 you can clean the surface and remove some of the ultra fine swirls and oxidation. I would apply this with at least two white pads and then pick up one blue pad for the sealant. My favorite sealant is the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection but the Rejex Sealant will also work great. This combo should produce an incredible shine and protect the surface for months. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Greg, thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the PC 7424XP and the Meguiars Microfiber kit. I am really impressed with how well this kit worked!
Appreciate 0