03-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #27
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
Marcel has a HPF Stage 1 and I have the stage 2 but he has issues with the vibration in higher gears like me so might go SMF as well. His Clutchmasters one failed on the first outing to the Ring IIRC.
Idnan, did you also experience clutch judder on you HPF Stage 2? Marcel drove my car before deciding on the stage 1 option. Stage 2 is a bit on the heavy side, but I have gotten used to it now and I don't really notice it. My clutch judder is also becoming less and less. Initially it was pretty bad and difficult to drive. But with more miles on it and some track days it's starting to feel more bedded in. I currently got 12000 miles on it and the only issue recently is that it's started to make the occasional squeak when engaging. Hopefully it's not a sign of it being worn.

On the positive side I never had it slip or feel like it wouldn't hold, but I'm not sure I would buy it again. I would be interested to hear your experience if you go down the Spec stage 2+ route.