View Single Post
      02-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

This shows the concern Porsche has regarding sales with only 2 models in their current range not in the top bracket. The 2.7 Boxster and Cayman.

They are concerned with the London market being a large proportion of sales and people being put off by large charges. Porsche have wrote to me twice lately to ask why I traded my car in and test drive offers to get me back into another one.

They have had fantastic success with a strong model line up over the last few years with the 997 range building through all variants, the 987 Boxster and incremental sales from Cayman and the ugly 4*4 thingy which they cannot sell now. The dealers are set-up to sell 300 new and 500 used a year with overheads/sales targets to match and with a weaker economy they are feeling the pinch. Also you look at the range and the Cayman should not cost more than a boxster and a 911 is not worth £30,000 ish more than a boxster.

Seems to me they need to get the 2.7 into band F and the 3.4 & 3.6 engines into emissions band G.

Also need a diesel in the 4*4 and bite the bullet that this or a hybrid is the future.

I like Porsche but they have got to move with the times as they are upper mainstream and no longer exclusive.