View Single Post
      03-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #24
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post

3. Not once in the video does he show what speed he is doing while stuck behind the officer. The cop could have been doing the speed limit for all we know, its hard to judge speed by just the camera.
The news article posted above explains that the man filming never exceeded the speed limit and that the officer was cited for being at fault in the accident.

Just saying.

"Walton came up on the Onslow County Deputy going eastbound on I-526 in North Charleston, SC. Walton says the deputy was holding up traffic by going 50 mph in the fast line, when the speed limit was 60.

To get around the deputy, Walton says he moved in to the right lane before pulling back into the fast lane. Still recording video, Walton caught the deputy passing on his right, then cutting back in front. That's when the video shows the deputy slamming on his brakes, which caused Walton to rear-end the cruiser.

"That video doesn't lie," Walton told WWAY by phone. "You can see how it happened. You can see the speedometer in the video, where you can see I was going 60 miles an hour."

After the crash, Walton says the deputy, driving car No. 145 that was marked as a K-9 unit, did not pull over, so Walton called 911. Walton says North Charleston Police responded and cited the deputy for being at fault."

Going too slow on the interstate can be dangerous. It tends to create large clumps of traffic.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0