03-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #33
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
Are you kidding me? I can't watch that video again because I'll get pissed off all over again.

The guy in the truck would have been either in jail or out on bail awaiting trial if the roles had been reversed. Police should be held to a higher standard of behavior than the general public, not lower. I think that losing his job was fair considering that there are insinuations that the pickup driver "baited" him prior to the video. He's been given a favor by being allowed to resign and not being fired and then charged with vehicular assault.
No, not kidding. But i'm not saying he was right either. I'm just saying that if it were his first incident like this he should be reprimanded, had a week's pay withheld and that's that. If it were his 3rd incident of improper professional behavior, then all is good.

I guess i just want people to be tolerant with me should i have a lapse in judgement. Therefore, i'm more tolerant with others when they have their lapse.

And yes, police should be held to a higher standard than us lowly citizens. That doesn't mean they will be exempt from mistakes or that they shouldn't be allowed to make a mistake. They should be held responsible for their mistakes just as the citizens are and then a little more. Not chop off their heads if they spit on the sidewalk.

The ironic part of this is that i bet there isn't hardly anyone on this board that hasn't break checked someone at some point in their lives.